S.S.A.M (Strategic Systems for Adaptable Metacognition) is a A.I chip that that is central to the function of the Beta suit. S.S.A.M upgrades the suits existing nano-computer.
The observed functions of S.S.A.M include.
- Control of timeshift abilities
- Heads up display control
- Interception of audio/visual radio transmissions
- Computer hacking and information storage
- Objectives display
- Monitoring of user physical and mental status.
- Paradox prevention.
- Providing Strategy information.
- Administering neural stimuli and replaying memories
- Scanner processing, including warning the user about
- environmental hazards.
- Quantum guards
- Structural instabilities
- Enemies with shields
- Concealed threats (which is usually enemies bursting though a door/wall or land mines)
In the game S.S.A.M speaks to the player in a female childlike voice.